Build So Far w/ Pictures

T3chnic4l

T3chnic4l
Reaction score
So here is my 75 XS650B, Nothing Chopped, I have all the original parts I pulled to save or sell. I had motor bored out to 1.0 over, New pistons, Athena Gasket Set, UNI Foam Filters, and as soon as they're back in stock JBM carb boots. I have my Pamco and new dual coil from Mikes XS. Ballistic 8 Cell Battery on the way, and a new flasher relay for the LED lights pictured. Also I have the stock foot pegs replaced with the old rugged Bear trap style. I cut my tractor seat down to a good fit (its shown in an old picture). New grips, 12" shorty mufflers on the way as well as black exhaust wrap, 'super bike' bars, Currently I'm prepping the motor and painting it part by part with VHT black metallic and VHT clear, Black plasti Dipped Fenders and Forks, Top half getting fork gaiters. Next up re-assembly.I'm leaving the area behind the seat raw and open, but putting a pad on the fender.
I welcome ideas on some side covers, I also would like to lower the back end down but keep the stock shocks, any ideas? I hope to finish by Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 91
  • FenderDipped.jpg
    FenderDipped.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 133
The Lights are by the controller for scale. That's an integrated rear brake/stop/turn signal and two front low profile turn signals

were did u find a tub of plastidip big enuf for a fender? looks cool.
pad the hell outta that frame so you dont scratch it when u put the motor in.

Thanks. I did all the plastidip with spray cans, I've probably got 7 coats so its quite thick. I actually did a test on some other metal and with 7 coats it will stand up to a spotblaster at 90psi with coal slag for an 8 count before it tears through so I'm confident it will hold up well. To get it very even and smoothly textured I like to put the cans in hot water for about 3 minutes before I spray with them. The frame is actually painted and cleared with matte clear, I plan to use painters tape and tape rags as well to the frame during assembly to save the paintjob.

right on. I forgot plasti-dip is in cans too. almost looks like rhino-lining. I think thats bad ass

Thanks, they look really streamlined against the headlight and they have a nice satin finish. You can get them on amazon, but they are cheaper from the source, Kapsco Moto. They had some shakey reviews on Amazon but I've tested them on a power supply and they are bright and visible at about 30 feet in daylight outside, and much further at night. The construction of the circuitry is great, the color coding has a diagram included, I will say though the housing is not the high point, I don't think it will vibrate or break/fall apart but I think a strong impact would be the end of them, I have dropped them at least twice on concrete though from a shelf and they are still fine. Overall I'm pleased especially for paying $40 for the whole lot

Back