bungs broke off ugh

I was super gluing a stand for my tube bender last night I think I was using elmers or was it crazy glue?? I dont remember maybe it was miller glue. I mean blue?

sorry to be ignorant but what the feck is a champfer?

Chamfer.gif

Picture_3_Chamfer_of_saw_cut_bars.jpg

All of this talk about welding and no mention of various sheilding gasses that are necessary for MIG TIG and Arc welding.. Argon, Carbon Dioxide, Helium, that make these welding methods possible. In the case of arc welding it is Carbon Dioxide produced by the flux coating on the rod. Each
Their purpose is to protect the weld area from atmospheric gases, such as oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and water vapour. Depending on the materials being welded, these atmospheric gases can reduce the quality of the weld or make the welding process more difficult to use.
Improper choice of a welding gas can lead to a porous and weak weld, or to excessive spatter.
Common mixes
Argon-carbon dioxide
C-50 (50% argon/50% CO2) is used for short arc welding of pipes,
C-40 (60% argon/40% CO2) is used for some flux-cored arc welding cases. Better weld penetration than C-25.
C-25 (75% argon/25% CO2) is commonly used by hobbyists and in small-scale production. Limited to short circuit and globular transfer welding. Common for short-circuit gas metal arc welding of low carbon steel.
C-20 (80% argon/20% CO2) is used for short-circuiting and spray transfer of carbon steel.
C-15 (85% argon/15% CO2) is common in production environment for carbon and low alloy steels. Has lower spatter and good weld penetration, suitable for thicker plates and steel significantly covered with mill scale. Suitable for short circuit, globular, pulse and spray transfer welding. Maximum productivity for thin metals in short-circuiting mode; has lower tendency to burn through than higher-CO2 mixes and has suitably high deposition rates.
C-10 (90% argon/10% CO2) is common in production environment. Has low spatter and good weld penetration, though lower than C-15 one; suitable for many steels. Same applications as 85/15 mix. Sufficient for ferritic stainless steels.
C-5 (95% argon/5% CO2) is used for pulse spray transfer and short-circuiting of low alloy steel. Has better tolerance for mill scale and better puddle control than argon-oxygen, though less than C-10. Less heat than C-10.[11] Sufficient for ferritic stainless steels. Similar performance to argon with 1% oxygen.
The "IG" in MIG and Tig stand for inert gas. Without it....superglue might not be a bad idea...

I just bought a HF plastic welder and some plastic welding rod... Now I can tell everyone that I'm a weldor. The shielding gas I use is my breath. And I use a pair of Hugh's eyecrometers to align my seams. (I can't seem to get those angled magnets to work) This has saved me fortune in super-glue.

I just bought a HF plastic welder and some plastic welding rod... Now I can tell everyone that I'm a weldor. The shielding gas I use is my breath. And I use a pair of Hugh's eyecrometers to align my seams. (I can't seem to get those angled magnets to work) This has saved me fortune in super-glue.

Hey! I have a blender that needs attention ....wanna help me out?

Back