bungs broke off ugh

Wow, this is getting crazy. And the only thing I don't do is weld. That is the only reason I go to a shop. Everything, including mounting and balancing the tires, I did.

Lol all I even said was that tig is stronger and cleaner. What exactly is my ignorant statement. Anything on the frame I think should be tig welded why is everyone acting like I said mig welding is worthless. Ok question if you could have a cleaner weld would you? If you can have a stronger weld would you? Glad to see everyone thinks I am some anti mig welder like I said tig is just better. And yeah just bevel or taper the bung. You will get a better deaper penetration. And yeah weld two pieces of tubing together it won't break as seeing his bungs broke off before I thought I would offer the advice. Any other comments for the mig hater haha

Lol all I even said was that tig is stronger and cleaner. What exactly is my ignorant statement. Anything on the frame I think should be tig welded why is everyone acting like I said mig welding is worthless. Ok question if you could have a cleaner weld would you? If you can have a stronger weld would you? Glad to see everyone thinks I am some anti mig welder like I said tig is just better. And yeah just bevel or taper the bung. You will get a better deaper penetration. And yeah weld two pieces of tubing together it won't break as seeing his bungs broke off before I thought I would offer the advice. Any other comments for the mig hater haha

Umm, no, you DID say that MIG welding is the superglue of welding. Did you not? Is that NOT inflammatory? Go back and read what you wrote. Please.

Haha is that really what is getting every ones panties in a bunch. All because I said its the super glue of welding. Haha it is an ANALOGY. And yeah it is. Its a relatively weak way to weld compared to tig and arc. And no that's not inflammatory. Haha. This shit is hilarious

i love these mig vs. tig fights. there is one thing that is ALWAYS a constant in these online battles. that is the people that "know" how to tig and have been 'certified' and have degrees in welding are the ones that say mig isnt good enough for a bike frame.

hey everone else. there is NO changing these guys minds. everyone that migs are just hacks that barely stick metal together and have no hope in riding down the road if a mig was within 100 feet of their bike.

Ok, I'm done. You're right. I can't argue with a certified welder with 8 years of experience. Boy, I miss Teebs at times like this....

I TIG daily. If prepped just like you would for TIG, MIG is just about as strong, and as clean as well with the proper settings. Yes, its alot easier to MIG weld, hence the snobbery from TIG welders :laugh:

That said, I've laid MILES and MILES of MIG weld building chase vehicles and rockrace rigs. Rollcages that were built to save lives AND be used over and over again in event of a crash/rollover... MIG is plenty strong in ANY application on a Motorcycle chassis.

Guess who MIG welds all their Chassis'??? Flyright, TC Bros, Paughco, David Bird (He MIG welds the Axle Plates onto all his Chassis') and plenty of others.

And Yes, I prefer my TIG, but I'm not stuck on it if the application would be fine for a MIG weld.... :thumbsup:

Haha I still don't get why your coming down on me. Tech 7 please just answer this. Did I say mig welds were shitty or that they couldn't get the job done? What did I say bad about mig welds besides that it is a weaker way to weld? All I said was tig is better. Not trying to sound like a snob. I do use mig on the occasion but if I can tig I would rather tig.

I apologize if I am coming down on you, but those argument is so old. It bugs me when guys come down on a process, and most of the time, it's the person performing it. Fact is, your heating steel, protecting it with a shield, and adding filler. Same thing happening, just with a different tool.

i dont remember all the exact codings but i have a 6g in mig and tig including mild steel to stainless and aluminum and i have i a 1g in arc welding. i would have to look at my paperwork at work to give exact codings

well Slackjaw. there you have it bro:laugh: what a thread! Much fun to read! do some more pratice with that wire feeder. and you will get it. A chamfer is a beveled edge connecting two surfaces. If the surfaces are at right angles, the chamfer will typically be symmetrical at 45 degrees. you will get a deeper penitration when you bevele the edge. I go about half the thickness of the tube

Years gone by you had acetlyene and stick welding..... glad they didn't build planes and bikes in the 30's......

MIG can look good and be bad because there isn't enough penetration. OA looks like $h!t if there isn't enough penetration. I suppose TIG is the same? I could see a good welder getting a proper weld with every method. And a hack like me struggles with an OA torch.

Tom

MIG can look good and be bad because there isn't enough penetration. OA looks like $h!t if there isn't enough penetration. I suppose TIG is the same? I could see a good welder getting a proper weld with every method. And a hack like me struggles with an OA torch.

Tom

I'm not a good welder but I've worked with guys who can weld with clothes hangers and make it look like they had the best rigs in the world.

Back