Buying my first one tonight.

smoker

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to leave my house right now. I have the flu, it's 3 hours each way, and I'm picking up a complete '78 with a seized engine. $175. Anyone object? Speak now...

It always starts with 1 , be prepared for more than 1 :thumbsup:

I agree. Wasnt at half way point on my build and already bought another plus a spare engine. Its an xs addiction. The flu is temporary, an addiction can last a life time

Good luck! Good Hunting! We'll hope you will post pics of your new treasures....Oh, and welcome to the group!

Go for it!
My '77 had a seized engine, 7 thousand miles on and had been sitting since '84/'85.
Four ounces of Marvel Mystery oil in both cylinders and a breaker bar on the crank, a few whacks with a rubber mallet and she runs like a bike with 7 thousand miles on her........you just might get real lucky.

Well I got here and it turned out to be a complete turd. Looked nothing like the pics. $150 was as low as he'd go, but I still bought it. Oh well, just gonna cut it up anyway.

Sucks that it didn't turn out. My first XS I drove about 400 miles each way to pick it up, then got a raging flu the day I got back. Weird.

Pic he sent me
EF7-1C4A1582128F-4758-0000050649AC0213_zps70d8b271.jpg

I took delivery of
9AA-D451B3C9C3F0-4758-00000503C834B6D8_zpsa839cdbe.jpg

That bike is in mint condition compared to mine when I first got mine! The first time I saw my bike it was in half! Dude You have a great starter and I would be proud if I were you! Hers a pic of mine just to make you feel better!

Attachments

• xs650 1.jpg
    xs650 1.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 139
Wish mine was that cherry when I got her. Good score. Watch out there is another one in your future. ... You will hear it calling you. From somewhere in the back of your head. At least mine have done so. The voices of xs's past and future

looks like its just missing the headlight, turn signals, and pegs. if your gonna chop it up anyways, you prolly wouldnt want them. The inportant parts for a chop is front end, motor, and a straight frame, and wheels.

Back