Buzzing regulator

If you left an old "character" on that battery for long there's a good chance you toasted the battery. Check you electrolyte levels, add ONLY distilled water if necessary. But if you need to add water to a motorcycle battery it's days are probably numbered.
Go invest your hard earned $20 in a "walmart" automatic charger, put the quick connect wires that come with it on your motorcycle. Yes there are lots of "better " chargers being sold ( I have a couple) but I have used those $20 chargers for years and they do exactly what they should; charge, NOT over charge.

I got it from a seller on eBay. It is agm maintenance free. They claim to have a warranty. I wrote to them this morning. I hope buying it off of eBay doesn't bite me in the ass

I got it from a seller on eBay. It is agm maintenance free. They claim to have a warranty. I wrote to them this morning. I hope buying it off of eBay doesn't bite me in the ass

Perhaps they will honour the warranty. Unfortunately, there seems to be a history of AGM type batteries failing, especially if they sit to long not being charged properly.

There seems to be 2 types of AGM batteries. If you buy from a high quality manufacturer such as Johnson Controls, you pay more money, but you get a high quality battery that will last for many years. If you buy from E-bay, from a seller that brings them in by the boat load from China/Taiwan, sure they cost a lot less, but the quality is poor and they fail quickly as you are seeing.

I use the old type, wet, lead/acid battery in my bike, and find they last at least 8 years, so great reliability.

When I replaced my Toyota camry battery, after 9.5 years, I bought an AGM type battery for the first time. Its less than 1 year old, so not much experience with AGM types. However, its made by Johnson Controls, sold by Toyota; was expensive, but I know that its high quality, and won't fail for many years.

Bottom line........................you get what you pay for with batteries. If you want reliability, avoid cheap batteries. Its actually cheaper in the long run to pay more up front and buy a high quality battery.

I just bought an agm type battery for my car this winter from auto zone. I hope it holds up. From now on I'll spend the extra and save myself the grief

I have about four years on my AGM from all places, Mike's. The first one sent was bad but they did replace it. I have my money's worth now. Any remaining time is a plus. I am not recommending you buy from Mike's, but only relaying my experience. Good luck

Back