Cable to electronic Speedo

Grumpy

Grumpy
Reaction score
I am fitting a new Electronic Speedo & Tacho to my XS Special . Any suggestions on what or can I purchase a M16x 1.5 cap to blank off where the cable used to fit into the Primary Cover????
:shrug:

M16?! Uh, I don't think so. Anyway, if you're not concerned about preserving the old cable you can grind the flare off the end of the sheath, remove the cap, and seal the open end with epoxy.

Long shot: MOCAL makes all kinds of specialized fittings. Maybe something on this page will help: http://208.109.215.220/files/caplug.pdf The US importer, BAT (British American Transfer) were the only people in the Great Satan who could find me 18mm x #10 hose 'banjo' fittings for an oil cooler installation on a Mazda rotary.

A quick method to block off the drive: cut the cable in half, take the knurled nut off. Cut a piece of .080" aluminum so it fits inside the cap. Put a little sealant on the underside of that piece, then use the knurled nut to hold it in place on the now unused tach drive. That's how I blocked off the unused speedometer drive on my race car.

Hey Pump's what up? $20 for that tach plug? They gotta be crazy. But, somebody will buy one. Go to J&P cycles catalog, they have caps for different size cable mount's. for like $5.

MIKESxs have, Part #51-6514

Attachments

• 51-6514.jpg
    51-6514.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 149
Yea, I guess. That's a much better price. And I am sure he's gonna buy more things so shipping won't cost more than the part. I know everytime I put in an order, the shipping is free, at least it use to be.
I do like the looks of those electric guages, hmmm. I wonder if the tach work's for a single fire?

"I wonder if the tach work's for a single fire? "
You mean for a single points setup?
Mikes has several electronic tachs listed so if you weren't sure an email to them might answer that.

No Pumps, on my Ironhead. Thats a good price for the guages, and the Ultima iggy I got set up for each cylinder to fire separetly, with them firing right at 40* BTDC at 2500. The Ultima has a separete connection for an electronic tach, so your probably right, I'll have to give them a call.

I do like the looks of those electric guages, hmmm. I wonder if the tach work's for a single fire?

Gordon, I'm running an "acewell" unit on the XS and a "vapourtech" on my CB900F both have a setting for PPR (pulses per revolution) and both of these are digital gauges, hope this helps

Back