Make Offer - Cafe project: multiple frames (one titled), engines, parts etc

xander18

Hotrod Hobo
Reaction score
I'm considering making the jump over to Guzzis or Triumphs and trying to buy a running and driving bike (in college and really shouldn't be spending the time and money on projects). So I thought I would see how easy and profitable it would be to move my XS stuff. Like I said, I'm not committed to selling unless good offers start rolling in but I want to explore the possibility.

The stuff is all located in Central VT and I'm not particularly interested in shipping anything. I hope I'm not exploiting or misleading the forum by putting up a vague post like this, I'm just rather undecided on how to proceed with this stuff and I would love a value (or reality?) check to consider my options.

I have 2 frames, one of which is titled and I started to shave tabs off of. The other had the rear loop cut off but is otherwise good. The titled frame is an 81, the other is either an 80 or an 81. I also have two engines (I believe both are 81 4N9 motors), one that was rebuilt by the previous owner and one that I don't know much about, haven't gotten around to compression testing it, but it came from an approx. 20k mile bike.

Other parts are a good set of mags, a set of spokes (with an 18" rear wheel in good condition, but surface rust on the spokes of the front), all the stock stuff off of the 81 bike including electronics, side covers, tanks, and some seats in decent condition. I have a front end that has been converted for taper bearings, good blinkers and lights.

For brand new parts I have brand new stock lights, brand new head/top end hardware, extended clutch cable, various inner tubes, full gasket sets, rear axle adjuster, and I'm sure some more small odds and ends that I'm forgetting.

I also have a complete 81 basket case with a 6000 mile but low compression motor and the heritage spoke rims. That one may or may not go with the package, depends how bad you want it.

Very interested in spoked front wheel. Please PM with price including shipping to 15101.
Good luck

Hi guys, sorry but I'm not interested in parting the package out. I'd never be able to get rid of all of it, just the high value items (titled frame, engines, spoke rims). If you or someone you know is interested in a cafe project that's the sale I'd be interested in.

Back