Caliper Advice

JRay77

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Need some advice guys. I'm in need of a front right caliper. Actually my caliper is ok but the piston, fluid seal, dust seal are all shot. Fluid leaking around piston. So I price out a new piston and seal kit, I'm more than half way to buying the whole new caliper. This is the setup from that guy down in FLA whose name rhymes with dike. In my opinion, his shipping price sucks. A lot of other vendors do better. Has anyone bought the new caliper setup from dike? Is it a good product? If I had the $$$ I'd do the Brembo setup. Any links to websites with deals would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. This is the later caliper 78-up. I have new pads for this setup. Where I'm at; new piston 30-35. New seal kit 20-25. Plus shipping I'm at 75-85. The new setup $120 plus shipping. What to do....

You could look for used with good seals, expect the piston will toast on any used caliper. a LOT of yamaha's from this era used the same caliper. The bad news is that leaking fork seals is what normally destroys the seals, making them big and gooey. I like that stainless piston from germany but the price has gone up...

Back