Cam Chain

Take Warning15

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking for an endless cam chain for my 75. Anyone have any options? Apparently the Tsubaki is discontinued. I don't want to have to deal with any master link. Thanks

I'll try that website. I ordered from two websites, both wrote back that the chain is discontinued. A dozen other websites have them listen as out of stock. Thanks for the link.

650 Central has them for '74 onward (P/N: JTKR25-9723).

You'll have to call him since he doesn't have an online shopping cart but i hear he's great to deal with.

EDIT: Nevermind, even though he says it's endless, just below it is the masterlink that "must be purchased with the above chain."

I've used the 650Central chains. They are endless. That listing below only means if you want a master link, you have to buy it separately.

The BS05M is a different chain than the BF05MU. The application chart specifies the BF05MU for the 650. I'm not sure what the "U" stands for. The BS05 may be a different pitch.

I know this is an old thread. I am taking apart a xs1 motor and i noticed i have to take the chain apart to pull the jugs. Is there a master link or am i missing something???

There is a master link but it's the riveted type. Remove it and it will need to be replaced. But if you're doing a rebuild, you usually replace the whole cam chain anyway.

Back