cam inner shaft alignment

Crackers61

Crackers61
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to align the inner shaft within the cam?

Is there a pin to align it? at the moment i have just placed the cam within the motor and there seems to be no alignment for the inner shaft, so when the cam turns the inner shaft will also turn and open/close the points.

The other end of the shaft has the mechanical advance bob weights.

Thanks

Crackers

Hi Guys,

Just had a read of pamco petes block, and now i know i'm missing a pin on th eadvance side, so i'll have to make something up. then give it a go.

This there anything else i shoud be looking at?

Thanks
Crackers

I think the shaft can be installed either correctly or 180 degrees off which makes the points fire the opposite cylinder. Not a big deal but makes for a head scratcher the first time you do it wrong.

There is actually 3 pins involved. 2 are on the advancer rod and 1 large pin is on the camshaft itself.

Attachments

• Advancer Rod.JPG
    Advancer Rod.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Camshaft mod2.JPG
    Camshaft mod2.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 84
  • ATU mod1.JPG
    ATU mod1.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 91
Hi Guys,

All sorted the alignment is done when the markings on the advance plate and inner cam line up.

Thanks
Crackers

excellent pics RG as always. Thats going to help me this week with my build.

I see that your recent competition win hasn't gone to your head ....and you're the same down-to-earth retired gentlemen as before :D:D:D

excellent pics RG as always. Thats going to help me this week with my build.

I see that your recent competition win hasn't gone to your head ....and you're the same down-to-earth retired gentlemen as before :D:D:D

Peanut, you and gggGary have to stop giving me compliments, otherwise my head will swell up:yikes: and my helmet won't fit anymore.:D

Back