Can anyone recommend license plate locks?

Splexin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have a stock '80. I am getting a new inspection/license plate bracket (probably like part #600-447 at J&P) and am wondering if anybody has recommendations for anti-theft bracket locks. Also somewhat unrelated but any recommendations on security chains/u-locks as well?

is license plate theft a thing in your area?
A quick google search for "security fastener" yields some cool results. these are screws, but im sure you could find similar styles in bolts.

Security-Screws1_zps86eed1ac.jpg

now i'm all tempted to use a few of these- if not so much for the security aspect, just for the cool-looking bolt factor.:thumbsup:

is license plate theft a thing in your area?
A quick google search for "security fastener" yields some cool results. these are screws, but im sure you could find similar styles in bolts.

Security-Screws1_zps86eed1ac.jpg

now i'm all tempted to use a few of these- if not so much for the security aspect, just for the cool-looking bolt factor.:thumbsup:

Yeah but not just plates....the f'ers tried to steal my whole bike. :laugh: :mad:

Anyway, I knew there were a ton of different types but was just wondering if there were any that someone has tried specifically for their license/inspection bracket. I use one of the ones you posted to keep perps from monkeying with other parts of my bike.

Back