Can I get a little market research on a video series?

Crab_Cake

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So my best friend and I are going to be starting a new series of videos on youtube. Basically they will be tutorials on modifications and maintenance of cars and bikes.

I think that there is a huge lack of quality with the youtube videos that have to do with mechanics. There is usually very little editing, poor lighting, and little to no scripted dialoge. Our show is going to be the exact opposite of that. Tightly shot and edited footage with quality audio and great lighting.

The format of the show will be kind of like "Two Guys Garage". The idea is to show how to do customization and restoration. For instance body kits, engine rebuilds, paint, upholstery, and even oil changes.

We will hopefully become youtube partners and get ad revenue but the main goal is a corporate sponsorship. For example X company provides us parts to install and they pay us to do it.

Anyways I would like to hear what you guys think of the current state of automotive & motorcycle tutorials on youtube. What do you hate about them, what do you like? Is there anything that you would like to see covered?

We are still in the planning stages but we will hopefully have our first video done in a few weeks! :thumbsup:

There was a previous thread about this. Good videos, especially for the XS family, would be great. There are not that many videos about mechanics of the XS. I, myself, am a visual learner and videos are a great way to explain processes.
I agree that most videos look as if the camera is mounted on a washing machine in the dark, so a good, quality video would be very helpful. Most important is getting close-ups and being able to relate the procedure in the video. Film it so it is understandable and clarify what, where, how, ect.
I would love good videos.

There was a previous thread about this. Good videos, especially for the XS family, would be great. There are not that many videos about mechanics of the XS. I, myself, am a visual learner and videos are a great way to explain processes.
I agree that most videos look as if the camera is mounted on a washing machine in the dark, so a good, quality video would be very helpful. Most important is getting close-ups and being able to relate the procedure in the video. Film it so it is understandable and clarify what, where, how, ect.
I would love good videos.

That sounds about what we are planning on doing. I am a graphic design student so I think I will be including a lot of simple flash animations showing how things work. I am also a photographer and have decent camera equipment. I should be able to include a bunch of nice macro shots of parts. :thumbsup:

Just wonderin', did anything ever come of this?

Would be a huge asset to the XS650 community! Assuming 650's were featured regularly enough. Would still be great tho'. DIY mech videos is definitely an area where YouTube is lacking.

Back