Can I use a sport bike swing arm???

Myowncreation

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
any chance I can use the swing arm of an old FZR 600 like maybe a late 90's version. Would it possibly bolt right in? If not is the a sportbike that has a swing arm that will bolt in?

Posted via Mobile

Most anything made after 1983 is going to be wider at the front of the swingarm. You would come closer to finding a motorcross swingarm that might work. Give it 24 hours to stew here. There are some folks on here that have done a lot of junkyard fitment trial and error, and a better answer than mine might very well come along.

any chance I can use the swing arm of an old FZR 600 like maybe a late 90's version. Would it possibly bolt right in? If not is the a sportbike that has a swing arm that will bolt in?

Posted via Mobile
hi I doubt that youll get a swinging arm that will bolt straight in as the standard one has only about 200mm of room. I been looking to do the same on my project and after considering all the options on this forem decided to go with an arm off a GPz550.. Its a box aluminium arm with a unitrac.suspension.. Im fitting it at the moment. I chose it cos I liked the fact that it was aluminium and a box section and about 2 inches longer than standard ,which I think will help top speed stability. Fitting it is not as straight forward as Id hoped , buy I think the end result will be worth it. Other arms that I considered are yam YZ250 ... tx750( apparently a straight fit and stronger ) and srx600 . Are you planning on staying with twin shock cos the FZR600 unishock conversion is likely to involve a lot of engineerig work.. Anyway good luck let us all know what you decide to go with...

A Radian swingarm bolts right in. Not aluminum, but it is square tubing, and may give the look you are after. It is about 2 inchs longer. I have one on my ongoing Tracker project.

Back