Can someone answer this question

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
Working on a bike for a member and it has the LOWBROW high tunnel peanut tank and I am puzzled of what size petcock they use. It says 1/4" but that's to small and the one he got from TCB is to large. Its the tank that has the triumph style gas cap if that helps and I don't know if this is a clone or the real deal. Got calls into both LOEBROW and TCB but no answer yet. So were these made with a MM size petcock? Does anyone have that tank I don't want to go buy three more petcocks to try. The hole is weird also it almost measures 1/2" which you would think is 3/8 petcock ?????? Never worked with this tank because its small and you need a gas station attached to back of bike it only holds like 1.6 gal of gas

I purchased the peanut tank builders kit from Lowbrow that had the 1/4" NPT bungs included for the petcocks. Also purchased the 1/4" NPT brass petcock levers as well and all fits. For what its worth, they may have welded up the wrong bungs during fab. Maybe take the tank to a hardware store and start going through some fittings to figure out what the deal is.

That's what I am going to do today is go to auto parts and buy some plugs in different sizes. . This is not 1/4" I bought two different petcocks and both way too small. Plus TCB petcock says its 3/8" and that is way too big. Thanks I thought I was going nuts HAHA There add says 1/4". Maybe this is a knock off there are just way too many crazy parts coming out of china these days.

I am going to buy some plus and see what size fits. If I measure the opening its almost 1/2" which I would think is 3/8" petcock but I got one and its way to big unless its the wrong one in box. The one I got in box is a sportster gas tank petcock I used these before.

My TC Bros tank has two bungs that are 1/4" pipe thread, NPT thread, and one bung that is 3/8" NPT. You'll need a hardware store to compare pipe threads.

1/4" NPT pipe thread does measure to be around 1/2".

Scott

Last edited:
Well just got back from buying plugs and it is 1/4" NPT so what the hell did the other vendor sell me HAHA. Now I got two 1/4" that don't fit and a 3/8" HAHA ....... I am going right now onto LowBrow site and order there 1/4" NPT and I hope we are done.

If there is enough meat on the bungs, I would just re-tap them to 3/8. They could be Metric or BSPT threads that somehow got mixed in.

I don't know where those tanks are made but I do International buying for a living and we have found a few times out of China where 1/4NPT or 3/8NPT was not standard. We always suspected they tried to use one size for NPT, Metric and BSPT threads that was somewhere close to all of them but not "right" for any of them.

And...the computer freezes so my reply is too late :lmao:

Just placed the order and now I got to contact this other vendor to see if I can return the other two 1/4" ones that are not what I wanted if not more parts for the stock. When you build bikes there is always a 20% screw up factor there .
Thanks guys you were all a good help.
KEEP CHOPPIN
DADDYG

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Winters-...8z1JuEIvthMgcAPrmiwptAbb40iAEccqcAaArew8P8HAQ

These are available at Menards for about $3 each, Teflon seal, in the air compressor fittings. No reserve, with or without the red handle cover. Brass 1/4" to 1/4" barb fitting into the valve for hose fitting, fuel safe Teflon tape for sealing. I rethreaded a low fuel light sender for the 3/8" bung so I won't have to mess with reserve or the fuel flow problems that may happen when switching to reserve, fuel light comes on and I have so many calibrated miles to refuel or push bike.

Even if you don't use this valve, take a look at one when you can.

Scott

Looks good I order what I needed and what threw me off was the 1/4" ones that I got from another vendor. So they are extra stock LOL
LowBrow and TCBrothers both got back to me this morning so THANKYOU to both for getting back to me as fast as they did. GOOD PEOPLE both shops BUY FROM THEM
KEEP CHOPPIN
DADDYG

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Winters-...8z1JuEIvthMgcAPrmiwptAbb40iAEccqcAaArew8P8HAQ

These are available at Menards for about $3 each, Teflon seal, in the air compressor fittings. No reserve, with or without the red handle cover. Brass 1/4" to 1/4" barb fitting into the valve for hose fitting, fuel safe Teflon tape for sealing. I rethreaded a low fuel light sender for the 3/8" bung so I won't have to mess with reserve or the fuel flow problems that may happen when switching to reserve, fuel light comes on and I have so many calibrated miles to refuel or push bike.

Even if you don't use this valve, take a look at one when you can.

Scott
I used a ball valve to get my chop running, but it looked so 'clunky' hanging under the side of a frisco sporty, I quickly switch to a pingle knock off. but they do work.. I see a lot of chops with the ball valve/hardline sticking 4 inches out the side. I do not agree. my 2cents

Back