Can you ID this frame?

AndersJ

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Curious if someone can ID this frame. I know what the owner says it is but I don’t want to influence anyone’s opinion.

Attachments

• B963220F-0534-4660-8C93-19CD57C5782A.jpeg
    B963220F-0534-4660-8C93-19CD57C5782A.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 138
It looks very thin in the tube dimensions.
Perhaps the thinnest I have seen .. Even for down to 125 cc.
That thing will flex.

He’s asking $500 you think that frame and swinger would be worth snagging for future build? Or just practice some zen and let it the eff go?

Neck rake on dirt track frames is pretty steep for street use. Jus' say'n.
This one was made locally for ice racing.

Attachments

• tracker 013.JPG
    tracker 013.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 68
  • tracker 005.JPG
    tracker 005.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 66
What I like about it is that you can set up a single Mikuni carb in the center, just like on a Norton Commando I had.

Wish someone would make a conversion on our XS frames to do that instead of having a carb sticking out the side.

Does the $500 include the motor, tank & seat? The two upper shock mount holes and number plate tabs resemble a Shell frame. If it is, there will be a serial # on the steering head. VFT has a list of the Shell serial numbers, when they were sold and who they were sold to.

That frame definitely has more room to play with, when it comes to carb, intake and air filter configurations. Should one want longer intake runners between carbs and head, then the stock frame dictates non-linked carbs.

Last edited:
Does the $500 include the motor, tank & seat? The two upper shock mount holes and number plate tabs resemble a Shell frame. If it is, there will be a serial # on the steering head. VFT has a list of the Shell serial numbers, when they were sold and who they were sold to.
Going to drop by and see what is what. Not really interested in the tank but may end up walking away with the lot if it’s the right price. I’ll post anything I won’t use

I still think the frame tubes look small in diameter
Compare to triplegG in # 7

Have plenty of street bikes. This would have more of a desert orientation…

Jumping and hitting rocks with that frame ... Dont know ?
Can it take it . A diameter measurement perhaps

After looking at Tom`s Champion framed 750 I took another closer look at my old 750 and it has the same "Wishbone" style of frame brace in front of the swingarm as the Shell frame. No carb clearance problem there.:thumbsup: Mine had a Shell tail section and a Champion tank. Those look like 32mm Ceriani`s. That might be a Shell decal on the tail section?? The bike had uncontrollable speed wobble.:yikes:
IMG_0009 (2).jpg

Back