Canadian newbie

maia 8cars

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Another newbie here from Canada. Always wanted an XS and recently picked up a police auction 1978 Special (best guess anyway). Would like to ID the thing and have been hunting around for this info. If anyone can steer me in the right direction that would be great. Don't mind doing the work, just need the direction. Great to see such a dedicated site, I previously restored a "63 Honda superhawk and a '66 Ducati 250 pics of which I will include when I have time to do the profile thing. Just for info...Chassis # 447-901866 engine # 447 901866. Turns over and has compression with 15000 on the clock which is way better than Im used to when restoring. Seized pistons etc. Will be putting up for sale, for cheap all the bits I won't be using so at least wanted to identify them correctly for the buyer. Thanks and many more posts to follow I'm sure. Kevin Ibbetson, Vancouver Island B.C. Canada.

Welcome to the site. There are many posts here with all the info you could ever need. A quick search will locate an "identifying your XS" thread, which should decode your VIN.

Up at the top of the page is an XS650 TECH button. This leads you to a list of topics, scroll down to the bottom. Click on the XS650 VIN look up: ID your model
Leo

Back