Can't sleep. Must. Fix. Motorcycle

Fossi

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put the engine back in after my first tear down. Almost finnished before i had to leave for work. After the first shift on work I went to sleep and kept dreaming that the mofo wouldnt start. This is going to be a loooooong fourteen days of work.

I finally got all the bugs ironed out of my bike . It is the stoopid little things that keep a bike from running right . I spent way too many hours trying to figure out why my bike was missing and sometimes running on one side. Turns out it was cracked boots on my coil , spark was jumping to the frame . I was over thinking the problem , it was hard to pin down because it would come and go . So, .99 cent part and $12 shipping and I am back in bidness !

I've had the same problem. Going to change the cables when I get home. Almost impossible to find out what is wrong because it was comming and going. This is also my first bike and my first ever engine job. PO and PPO have only done bits and pieces so every time I do anything I find two more things that needs to be done. What I should do is just rebuild the whole thing but my budget won't allow it. On the other hand it gives me something to do next winter as well. Yeah!

Back