capacitor/battery question

toplesschevy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
whats up guys, this is my first xs and i figure the vast knowledge here cant hurt. lol. i have an 81 bobber with only the basics when it comes to wiring only what it needs to run, headlight, and tailight. kick start only. it has the pmi in there and a pamco setup as well. its still running a battery that at this point seems obsolete. what size capacitor do i need to run/ where do i get one lol. ive been throwing the tc brows catalog at the build up until now but couldnt find this particular solution there. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank:thumbsup:

10000uF 25V from any electronics shop, shouldnt cost you more then a couple bucks. The lowbrow sparx cap however is pretty nice since its got that handy dandy mounting spring. I have no problem running my 74 with HHB PMA and stock points using a generic cap from the geek shop.

so should i run one or two? and when i run it should wire it in place where the battery was? then if i should run two would i run them in line or side by side. thanks again guys :bike:

Yes, You get more juice, and if one craps out, you can still make it home. Hugh from Hugh's HandBuilt runs 2 Sparx caps as well as several other members on here... My bike has never ran better!!

Back