Carb crossover tubes...

katmol

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the two rubber tubes between the carbs on my 1975 XS650 for? Can they be removed and pluged? Would there be any benefit to that? Would it cause any problems?

Yes they are there for a reason, removing them won't improve anything..
One is the choke (enricher) carry over, the 75 only has one enricher, and sends the mix to the other carb through the tube.

IIRC the other tube is the one that connects the fuel supply between carbs/petcocks, a good thing.

IIRC there should only be two from 70 to 75 after that just one. There are float bowl vents high on the carbs that should vent to air, someone may have connected them together in error, if they have a tee with a line open to air that's OK.

these are TX650 73 you can see the dark colored tubes that just head down and are left open.

black tube closest is the choke
yellow tube is the fuel crossover

attachment.php

View attachment 48140

Those are my carbs and mine are good to go then, I just got them mounted on new boots.

Hey I'm struggling w this now too but can't open your pic. Would you email it to me or post it to fb? I got this turned around and I'm running crazy airy spongy after dropping bowls and cleaning last night. The bottom under bowls are connected together across by the black tube, and then I've got a shitty yellow opaque tube that seemingly connected the two little barbs at the top of the carbs. I assumed this was the breathers and my shit wouldn't run after I connected them. The choke... Is that the big tee? manionmac@mac.com or Mac Manion on Facebook in Neeport RI. Thanks!

these are TX650 73 you can see the dark colored tubes that just head down and are left open.

black tube closest is the choke
yellow tube is the fuel crossover

attachment.php

View attachment 48140

Posted via Mobile

Back