Carb float question

ercwndt

Eric Wendt
Reaction score
Hey guys, i've been doing all the reading on carbs here and I cannot seem to find the answer to my question.

I adjust my floats to the proper level and the bike won't kick over. If I adjust the float less than the 27mm then the bike will start but the carb will leak fuel out the back towards the filters. It starts first kick like that every time, idles well and revs fine...clearly I don't want a steady trickle of fuel coming out the rear of the carb. But when the float is properly adjusted it's like the cylinder isn't taking fuel because after a couple kicks the cylinder doesn't have even the slightest smell of gasoline.

Quite a strange issue. I work mostly on two stroke mopeds, and have never come across this with float level changes.

Thanks!

Sounds like your choke is not working. Most of these bikes require the choke for a cold start, even in warm weather. You don't need to leave it on long but they like that rich shot of fuel to easily start cold. By setting your floats on the rich side, you're doing the same thing.

Back