Wanted - Carb joints

quickspool

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking for a set of carb joints for I believe to be a 78' (447-). The bike I took the carbs off doesn't have any vacuum nipples. Not sure of they are necessary. If it helps or matters, the carbs had separate throttle cables. Shipping to Ottawa Canada k0a 1t0.

Joints or boots? I have these off a 80. I believe they are the same size.

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 112
Those look to be bs34, not 38's. I believe 80' and up use the 34's. Could you measure the inlet anyways? Thanks.

The barbs are only necessary if you're using vacuum operated petcocks but; no, the carb holder boots/intake joints are NOT the same size for BS38's 70-79 and BS34's 80-83.

Last edited:
Looking for a set of carb joints for I believe to be a 78' (447-). The bike I took the carbs off doesn't have any vacuum nipples. Not sure of they are necessary. If it helps or matters, the carbs had separate throttle cables. Shipping to Ottawa Canada k0a 1t0.

Should have got this earlier.....447 carbs with dual controls were unlinked from either the 74 A or 75 B years. As such they used straight carb holders not the angled variety of 76 and later years necessary to level and align carbs in parallel.

Here's what they look like.....

Attachments

• xs65075Bcarbs.jpg
    xs65075Bcarbs.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 97