Carb part, name it please? Colds suck

mkesbest

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So last nite while in on my death bed with a cold I was invited to one of the little bike shops here in town for a after hours session to work on my carbs. Definitely could not say no... Ill try to describe it best I can, but its on the side of the carbs, the throttle opens and closes it. I cant think of the part but I need 2, I guess mirror images of each other. Mikuni Bs 38s. Ive been on mikes looking, about to check old bike barn. Id know if f I saw it, was so nyquil'd up I forgot what it was called. Any ideas? Sorry still foggy today, definitely should be in bed. On that note, happy Tuesday!

CARBURETOR_XS2_TX650.png

I believe that is right, it has dual throttle cable. Looks right, that is one handy website! I have a Clymer at home but was hoping to order the stuff while im at work. Does that sound right, one on each carb? Is there a right side and left? Looks like I can order right off of there. Thanks a ton two many! you can never have too many!

almost looks like could be 23 too...mine didn't have them on there when I got it, and the guy that gave me a hand lastnite showed me his, was super confused why mine didn't have them. Thanks again all for the help.

No you can't "order them" they are (like everything else about those carbs) obsolete.

:doh::D

wait, so wtf! damn damn damn...so guessing I have to find some off of some old carbs? No one makes/has them??? Thanks twomany, all doped up on Sudafed now, I only came to work to use the internet haha...if I can find and order those im outta here!

going to the classifieds was a good move.
Looks like the RH lever is the same 72 though 75 and the Lh one up to 79
RH bracket #23 70 to 74
LH bracket #22 70 to 79

Thanks everyone for your help. Think I have fond some, have to make a call tonite. Cant believe how helpful people are compared to other sites I am on. Wont name them off, but really appreciate all the help, ecspecially as this is my first xs650. nothing like the sporty :) Happy Friday everyone

travis

Back