Carb question

jsmith1107

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
carb.jpg
ok, I was finally able to pick up some float bowls for my carbs. I have a question however---on the hole that I have circled, the other circled part goes in there---and it has the holes in it. The question is, down in the bottom of the hole on the carb bowl, are there any openings down inside there? I looked the carb over however it doesn't look like if there was any holes that it would lead to anywhere. I am just trying to make sure I have it clean and not missing anything. I put it in carb cleaner for 24 hours and then used my air compressor to blow out all the holes.

Well, that is you pilot jet, the other circled part with the holes in it. The big thing is a VM22/210 float bowl. And, yes, there are little holes down in there.

If you look into the larger uncircled hole just to the left of the pilot jet hole, down near the bottom you can just barely see a small hole in the side wall. That's what feeds fuel over to the pilot jet.

Use a can of carb cleaner and put the extension hose/straw in the larger hole and squirt a little. Some should come out of the pilot hole. Be careful to not get the carb cleaner in your face.

Back