Carbs

Mark19

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have a 1980 XS650 II with two CV Mikunis. Pulled the bike out of the shed where I parked it in 1990. Pulled the carbs and did a "quick clean" Re adjusted the floats and replaced the float neadles. Cheacked the diaphrams up against the light and it looked good. Floats floated in gas but seemed to pick up fluid internally. Bike ran OK for a little bit but then suttered and stalled out when got hot. Gas tank seems to be holding a vacume is this normal? Pulled out one float seat and replaced O-Ring. I did not touch the jets. One carb had varnish the other didnt. Bike runs ok for while then sputters and stalls. Hard restarting.

WHy is it running bad when it is getting hot?

I also replaced the master cylinder and brake line.

Where do i get a new seat cover?

Posted via Mobile

Vacuum not right - needs to vent. Open the gas cap and see if it continuse to run. This will confirm the vent roblem. Check for clogged vent hole in gas cap. How do you know it running hot or too hot? These are air colled and get hot quick which is normal. Be sure to have a fan blowing on the engine when you are fiddling.

MikesXS has seat covers, JCwhitney and Saddleman do as well. Or if you want to get fancy go to Sargent for a seat rebuild about $300.00.

:bike:

Back