Carburation in 3 easy steps

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
1st step, call Gary Hoos and explain what your running.
2nd step, wait at the front door until the package arrives(2 days).
3rd step, install the carbs.
This is my 3rd set of Mikuni`s from Hoos Racing and all have been right in the ball park. I`ve always received excellent products and way excellent service! Thanks, Gary.:thumbsup:
today stuff 004.JPG today stuff 005.JPG today stuff 009.JPG today stuff 010.JPG

1st step, call Gary Hoos and explain what your running.
2nd step, wait at the front door until the package arrives(2 days).
3rd step, install the carbs.
This is my 3rd set of Mikuni`s from Hoos Racing and all have been right in the ball park. I`ve always received excellent products and way excellent service! Thanks, Gary.:thumbsup:
View attachment 139489 View attachment 139490 View attachment 139491 View attachment 139492

Isn’t it nice when a vendor delivers on their promises? I’ve heard nothing but good things about Hoos.

Yeah, I catch Hell about that flip phone all the time. Actually it`s only 2 years old and has had all the text, call forwarding, call waiting, voice mail, messaging, and everything else that is a feature blocked. It`s just Hello-Talk-Goodbye. Does seem to get the job done however. I`m sure they will stop making these someday and I`ll have to break down and buy a all time consuming hand held device.:(

Yeah, I catch Hell about that flip phone all the time. Actually it`s only 2 years old and has had all the text, call forwarding, call waiting, voice mail, messaging, and everything else that is a feature blocked. It`s just Hello-Talk-Goodbye. Does seem to get the job done however. I`m sure they will stop making these someday and I`ll have to break down and buy a all time consuming hand held device.:(

I was just reading an article the other day about this company that markets a high end basic phone. It looks much like an iPhone but only does three things, phone calls, text, and give directions.
No apps, no games, no emails, no online anything. They are marketing it to executive types who want to scale back on electronic distractions.
I have to admit I’m guilty of being addicted to my smart phone.

couple of yrs ago ordered new carbs off hoos, told him what was done to the bike motor wise/exhaust / altitude etc , had them shipped to aust ,both carbs had different jets all completely unsuitable , not even close ,got in touch with him and was told he no longer put the carbs together but his supplier did it to his specs and in my case completely stuffed up , did reimburse the cost of me buying new jets but naturally wasn't happy at the time

Ha! I bought this and had one of my daughters give it to dad for Christmas. He absolutely loved it!
On the flips side, I got my Mikuni carbs synced today and the bike is running like a fine tuned machine. Now I only need to polish the aluminum when I get the opportunity.

526A6557-CC8B-483B-BDBB-A4CFAD8FBCCD.jpeg

Back