1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Cast Wheels

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by wrmdovr, Mar 23, 2017.

1. wrmdovr

wrmdovr If it were easy.....everyone would do it!

Looking for set of cast wheels.....I live near Seattle, WA. WRMDOVR

2. you looking for disc rear brake or drum rear brake ?? I have both and front wheels also

3. wrmdover, search craigslist ptld parts. Albany Ore, set of cast wheels there I've noticed -RT

4. Ratranger

Ratranger XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

I have a set of stock cast wheels from a 78 in spanaway, closer to puyallup than tacoma. For the right price I would even separate them from the forks and swingarm. Front is 19" rear is 16".

Attached Files:

5. I have a front with disk for $50.00 plus shipping (tire will be removed)

Attached Files:

• wh1.jpg
      wh1.jpg
      File size:
      52 KB
      Views:
    • wh2.jpg
      wh2.jpg
      File size:
      60 KB
      Views:
  6. wrmdovr

hey Dirty Dog....need disc on the rear and I remove the disc from the front......I am just that kinda guy? :) WRMDOVR

7. wrmdovr

hey Time.....thanks for the heads up! WRMDOVR

8. wrmdovr

Yo my man Ratranger......you are talking my language......shoot a price and like Monty Hall used to say, "lets make a deal" WRMDOVR

9. wrmdovr

Hey Daddy.....i feel kinda weird say hey daddy...:-(? anyway.....appreciate the info and if things dont go here in the PNW i will message you. WRMDOVR

10. brianmac

brianmac XS650 Enthusiast

any body got a rear cast with a drum wheEL?

11. harpo57

harpo57 owner of basket case

Hmm do you have spoke wheels? Trade for my 79 special cast n disks?

12. brianmac

I have a bunch of Wheels and a I have not decided which ones I'm going to use most have Rusty spoke s can I put stock cast Wheels on on 1983 heritage

13. harpo57

harpo57 owner of basket case

N.
    Hi! well swapping wheels is something i need alot to learn... lol.

14. brianmac

I got a busload of parts this week couple of headlights no bucket ignition boxes regulators brake pedals wiring harness light bulbs For instrument panel calipers Wheels

15. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

Bit of a high-jack going on here. Best to start your own Classified thread.............

That being said..............only an 81SH cast mag wheels with drum brake rear mag will drop straight into a Spoke wheel swing-arm, (74-83), without modifications.

78-80 Cast mag wheels swapped into a spoke wheel swing-arm needs modifications done to the swing-arm, (brake stay position change and brackets), and frame. needs mounts and brackets for the M/C and reservoir. Also need to swap the Brake pedal shaft to a Disk brake one required to work the M/C.

In reply to post # 16
    I have posted this information as a help to the thread and also as a note and advice for those high-jacking someone else's Classified thread.

I will not respond to any further posts in this thread. I will respond and help where i can in any new threads.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    gggGary likes this.
  16. brianmac

So I got a 78 rear cast wheel with drum brake ,won't work in an 83 heritage with spokes

17. brianmac

650 skull u da man, tks . now will therear spoke brake assembly fit the cast wheel assembly? the part numbers are the same but for the last 2 digits?

18. There is no '78 rear cast mag with a drum brake, they are disc brake only.
    If you have a rear drum cast mag it is from an '81.
    A rear drum '81 mag will fit an '83, all brake drum parts will interchange.

gggGary likes this.
  19. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

:agree:
    Or "some other bike".:poo:

nj1639 likes this.