Centre stand doesn't sit on both feet

I've always kick started all my bikes on their centerstands. Never bent one because of it that I recall.........Now I don't wait anymore for them to break, I just brace them. I know it's gonna happen eventually if I don't, lol.

Ah but YOUR bikes start and run easily, :sneaky: The crap I drag home has usually lead a very hard life.....

Tang? What do you need a tang for? I just put my foot behind the stand, grab the rear fender stay with 2 fingers and pop it up on the centerstand.
upload_2020-8-12_13-22-20.png

On most Japanese bikes, the tang is designed as the means for deploying the stand. On my old BMWs, it wasn't. They had a tang of sorts but it was just a small like 1/4" diameter steel rod. It was only meant to be used for dropping the stand down to the ground and lifting it back up under the bike. It wasn't meant for deploying the stand. There was a foot pad on the end of the left leg for that. But many people coming from other bikes didn't know or realize this so many, many of those little steel rod tangs got broken off. I fixed lots of those stands, lol.

Back