650b centre stand

Dom

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by my centre stand on my US 650b, it has the original long exhausts still fitted and the rubber buffer I'd still in place on the frame but what retracted the tang hits the exhaust. Nothing looks bent as far as I can make out, the buffer would need to be neatlrly double the length in order to prevent contact.

I'm a bit confused by my centre stand on my US 650b, it has the original long exhausts still fitted and the rubber buffer I'd still in place on the frame but what retracted the tang hits the exhaust. Nothing looks bent as far as I can make out, the buffer would need to be neatlrly double the length in order to prevent contact.
In all likelihood, your center stand was not made for your bike. The TX650A and XS650B have a peculiar center stand with a long tang to get around the giant mufflers. It's 1974 and 1975 only.

In all likelihood, your center stand was not made for your bike. The TX650A and XS650B have a peculiar center stand with a long tang to get around the giant mufflers. It's 1974 and 1975 only.
I did wonder this, like the odd sidestand on a 75 which is also something missing and replaced with the wrong one for some reason.

Back