75 xs650b side stand

So one day I will have to find the proper '74/'75 stand. Mine works but is not correct. I use the centre stand the majority of the time anyway.

So one day I will have to find the proper '74/'75 stand. Mine works but is not correct. I use the centre stand the majority of the time anyway.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the TX650A and XS650B sidestands are made to clear the giant mufflers. For aftermarket mufflers, a late model sidestand does the job.
1682686850852.png

Aftermarket mufflers?

Unfortunately, the late model stand that mounts on the large round post won't fit up to an early model, they use a clevis type mount .....

'77-on Stand.JPG

It's a pity because I think the late stand is one of the nicest I've ever used. And after a few minor mods (grease fitting, slight extension, bigger foot), it's even better .....

Modded Side Stand.jpg

Side Stand Grease Nipple.jpg

Side Stand Grease Nipple3.JPG

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the TX650A and XS650B sidestands are made to clear the giant mufflers. For aftermarket mufflers, a late model sidestand does the job.
View attachment 241539
Aftermarket mufflers?
Yes, they are the Commando mufflers, identified by 5T. They came with my bike when I bought it about 4 years ago. My aftermarket sidestand is ok, but I need to improve it's footprint on the ground.

The 75 side stand is a right monstrosity but I want it to work an close up as intended where as the 76 rattles about and catches the ground on lefthand bends

Back