Wherein I either make a seat or a fool of myself, and also other things with the bike

We did clean up and chainsaw work here and at the neighbors today.

paladin gary.png

Will finish tomorrows work schedule and head north. Sanarutans purse staff said tbe volenteer turnout in Nashville was the largest they have seen. So much got done so fast that they have had trouble finding ways to help. They have three sites here, the other two will stay open, this one will close Saturday. I was driver so didn't get any pics but neighborhoods fancy n plain were truly torn to shreds.

Will finish tomorrows work schedule and head north. Sanarutans purse staff said tbe volenteer turnout in Nashville was the largest they have seen. So much got done so fast that they have had trouble finding ways to help. They have three sites here, the other two will stay open, this one will close Saturday. I was driver so didn't get any pics but neighborhoods fancy n plain were truly torn to shreds.

On behalf of those in need of assistance thank you for your help. As I said a few days ago that's one of the great things that seems to separate Nashville is just how much people here are willing to just drop everything and make sure things just get done. There's no way to account it, but I'm sure the amount of money donated over the last week is mind boggling too. Between the various Go Fund Me pages and all the different local collection efforts.

It's shameless given the rampant destruction, but one particularly relevant bit of disappointment is there are a couple bars in the East Nashville Five Points area that was right in the main path that put on a vintage bike weekend. The location is a half block away from The Soda Shop and Burger Up which show up in a lot of the news reel footage. They weren't completely destroys but they are advertised as closed for the foreseeable future. I was really looking forward to that this year since my bike is where it is now and it's certainly in jeopardy. I've got a picture from one of the past years.
bike show.jpg

Our crew, 8 from wisconsin, 5 other states also represented.
Neighborhood we were working in. Many of the homes are bulldozer ready. We were mostly doing tree work and yard clean up for houses that were kinda livable. Power crews were just restoring power to homes that could use it today.

20200313_194011.jpg
20200312_162741.jpg

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread .:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Finally got around to taking a new video of the bike. A funny thing happened a few weeks back now, I was riding back to work after lunch and the bike started running rough right as I turned onto the road where I work. I rolled up into the parking lot and went back to look at the bike at the end of the day, pushed it up by one of the bay doors and was looking at it for a couple minutes when I realized I hadn't put gas in the bike since I had changed the gauges so it was simply ready to be switched over to reserve. So after thinking I was an idiot I walked back to my tool box to get my gear, then walking back to the bike to leave I realized the tail light lens was gone.
It turns out that trying to order a Chinese tail light in the middle of a global pandemic originating (maybe?) from China isn't the most expedient thing in the world a person can do. The thing finally got here though and even though it has different wire colors I got it hooked up and working just in time for the weather to go to shit so I haven't actually ridden it since then. I added some foam between the tail light and tail section too so hopefully it won't happen again.
Also, I suppose this whole verbal communication thing is here to stay so I actually talk about the bike in this one.

My bike snuck into some promotional type videos of where I work. It's way off to the side of even this picture which is the best still They cropped or cut around it in most of them, but I got the masters and figured I'd share a picture here. Also, had an oops moment on a dirtbike I was working on for a coworker and ended up in the street without any safety gear on and decided to share some pictures of it here too should anyone be into that sort of thing.
can see bike.JPG

Attachments

• elbow.jpg
    elbow.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 183
  • knees.jpg
    knees.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 151
Good a place as any for these, took "fancy" pictures today.

20211009_101024_HDR.jpg 20211009_102733.jpg 20211009_103119.jpg

As usual with stuff, I really wish I had a picture through the roll hoop like the first one that showed the "Nashville" skyline cut out. Didn't think of it at the time though.

Back