1. Miss the t-shirt presale and want one? Already have one, but want another because they are so awesome? The extra t-shirts are now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Chopper Axle Plates (Hardtail Axle Plates)

Discussion in 'Shops' started by Travis, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

Chopper Axle Plates (Hardtail Axle Plates)
    [​IMG]

Hey everyone! I'm now selling axle plates! Get your axle plates for your chopper / hardtail project from me and help support the site. The axle plates are laser cut from 3/8" mild steel.

The axle plates come in three styles A, B, and C.
    [​IMG]

The fender/sissy-bar mounting tabs can be used with 5/16" bolts, drilled or tapped to 3/8" or 10mm, or cut off.

All three styles are available in 17mm, 20mm, 3/4" and 1". XS650s have 20mm rear axles.

Weld-on spacers plates are available to work with your original XS650 axle adjusters. The spacer plates are laser cut from 3/16" mild steel and once welded to the 3/8" axle plate will make the axle plates 9/16" wide around the axle slots.

Style A 20mm
    [​IMG]

Style B 20mm
    [​IMG]

Style C 20mm
    [​IMG]

Style A, Spacer Plate
    [​IMG]

Style B, Spacer Plate
    [​IMG]

Style C, Spacer Plate
    [​IMG]

The next two pictures show a comparison of the stock XS650 axle plate (later style) and the spacer plate I'm offering.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The price for a pair of axle plates is $29.95 plus $5.80 for priority shipping.

If you also want spacer plates, the cost is $39.95 plus $5.80 for priority shipping.

Shipping prices are for the United States only.

Email me at sales@chopsource.com with any questions.
    To place an order head over to http://www.chopsource.com/axle-plates.html

Thanks everyone!! :bike:

Update 9/15/16:
    New lower prices. Axle plates were 37.95 a set and are now 29.95 a set. Spacer plates were 11.95 a set and are now 9.95 a set.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Travis

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  3. Punkskalar

Punkskalar Hugh's HandBuilt

I'll be ordering a few sets of these! I'd rather support this place and Travis than any other...

PS, when you have the next batch cut, you should add a small notch for the adjuster screw to seat in...

4. Travis

Sounds great! Let me know what you need.

I thought about adding the notch but decided against it on the basis that not everyone will use the stock adjusters, and if they did, it would be easy to add a notch with a grinder/cutoff wheel. On the other hand, if there is a high demand for plates with notches, I'll make some that way.

5. Punkskalar

Travis,

Send me a Paypal Invoice for the Style A w/ Spacer Plates to HughsHandBuilt@gmail.com and I'll get you paid. I need a set for the newest frame I'm building.

I agree, cutting that notch by hand wouldn't be anything hard to do.

6. Travis

Sent. Thanks Hugh!

7. Punkskalar

Axle Plates showed up this weekend. NICE stuff, not just laser cut out of mild steel and left with all the scale on it, these are super clean and very nice... Thanks man!

8. OK I'm awaiting info on the hard tail kits.

9. Travis

Hugh! You're welcome. Glad you like them!

Gary! I need to get on that.. I'll work on that right now.

10. Travis

11. Punkskalar

Thanks for the plates man - They fit the bill perfectly for my new frame

[​IMG]

12. durgam_K

durgam_K XS650 Addict

Very nice work Travis. Once the cafe build comes off the lift, a bobber build will be going on!!

Hugh, when are you going to make that frame to sel to Us...LOL Diggin it!!!!

13. Travis

Hugh, You're welcome! That frame looks good! :thumbsup:

14. Yeah! punkskalor I like the angled motor but I'm an old Norton Commando guy and tilted just looks right to me

15. PhatTony

PhatTony I love twins

If any of you guys are wondering if the Axle spacer plates that Travis makes works on a TC Bros hardtail, wonder no longer. They fit almost perfectly! Travis's slot is only 1/16 inch longer than TC's and all of that will be covered up by the adjusters anyway. Great product, great idea!

LOOKS MUCH BETTER THAN WASHERS!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. bradical

bradical XS650 Addict

So how much for just the spacer plates?

17. Travis

PhatTony, that is awesome! :thumbsup:

bradical, $13 plus $3 for shipping to the lower 48.

18. TurboBully

TurboBully XS650 Enthusiast

You guys want to share some tips/tricks on how to notch the tube to fit the axle plates?

19. Travis

TurboBully, Sorry I somehow missed your question. I'll try get some pictures up later.

20. Travis

I now have axle plates available with 3/4", 20mm, and 17mm slots.

To order, go to www.chopsource.com.