Chopper seat options. Sprung solo, or king/queen?

ProSimex

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
The title says it all. I like the look of a sprung solo but that makes it kinda hard to share the bike with members of the opposit sex. Also I kinda notice that every single XS chopper or bobber has one and its kinda over done (like chopping a XS is to begin with) Thinking a big absurd King & Queen seat with a tallllllll backrest might fit well with the raked out springer front end I've got. Just really 70's the shit out of her. Any suggestions? Alternate options? I dont need to hear that the rigid rear end will make handling and comfort impossible, so we can skip all that BS (I know its true). Also Im keeping the mid controls and have flat drag bars, I want this bike to have an aggressive riding posture.:mad::bike:

Well to start with a hardtail does not make it impossible to ride in comfort. I would go with a king n queen /sissy bar but I wouldn't run drags I would run pull backs. For a true 70s feel.

Posted via Mobile

the single solo sprung seat is not over done. its a seat, dont over think it. and you talking about doing a 70's style bike, how is that not over done, its been done since the 70's? go with what you want. im fat and i roll with the west eagle and two beehives. unless i hit a crater that would hurt on any bike its not that bad. there are some roads on my way to school that are smoother on my chop than in my minivan (can pick my line more so on a bike than a minivan).

personally my next build will pry have a tall ass king/queen with some tight ass rabbit ears. flat drag bars would kill the look that your going for.

yeah as I was posting I realised the drag bars wouldnt work with the king queen. I want the king queen but Im concerned it wouldn't work with mid controls.

king/queen IMO is perfect with mids. i dont think ive ever seen an xs with forwards that i like. some floorboards would be sweet too.

I was sitting on it today making "vroom" sounds and realised that yeah the king/queen and mid controls combo would be good. I hates me some forward controls, 'specially on a XS.

Go for it, do something different! TC hardtail, sportster tank, solo seat I agree are overdone. Look over at XS650 chopper, lots of them there.

Yeah I agree. I do have a sportster tank but the hardtail will/is totally DIY. I could go the TC hardtail and sprung seat and still have a totally unique bike for my city, but I dont have the moolah or interest in that route. Im gonna look into seat fabrication and see what I can do. I have a fiberglass shop at my disposal so that might come in handy (Family canoe business). Thanks for all the input folks!

Back