For Sale - Clean ‘77 XS650 on Bring a Trailer

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
A one owner bike until it sold to a dealership last year. Very complete , gas tank is very clean inside and the paint is in beautiful shape. Could use a good detailing and it has a head gasket leak, but runs good.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-yamaha-xs650-3/

IMG_5988.jpegIMG_5987.jpeg

Thats a nice bike
I'm not in the buying mood right now but I'll to watch this one just to see what it goes for

Somebody (s) waiting in the weeds
I used to bid on repairables through CoPart and a lot of times it would be a last minute scoop
I quit bidding because the fees got to be too much, I used to be able to get a steal and then resell it and make a buck but now your lucky to get a deal and you can't drive them just start em up and look real hard for unknown damage

$2,350
4 replys christ my stuttering is getting bad

Resonable price I guess especially if you could transport yourself

Should have just sold it on CL. Would have walked away with more cash and probably would have sold much faster.

It seems the prices of motorbikes have really taken a dive from a few years ago when everyone was gettin free* money.

“Should have…” — Monday morning.

Last edited:
The original red on a '77 was not a metallic, but that sure is purty!
My own feeling is that no XS650 is so valuable that I should be concerned about painting it any color I want it to be. I ride Specials in any case.

I prefer this 77 to original.

Is it a better choice than a new Royal Enfield? Perhaps so. It is for whoever bought it?

My own feeling is that no XS650 is so valuable that I should be concerned about painting it any color I want it to be. I ride Specials in any case.

I prefer this 77 to original.

Is it a better choice than a new Royal Enfield? Perhaps so. It is for whoever bought it?
A repaint is a repaint. Once it's not original, it doesn't matter. If a future owner wants it to look like factory paint, he can always re-repaint.

Should have just sold it on CL. Would have walked away with more cash and probably would have sold much faster.

It seems the prices of motorbikes have really taken a dive from a few years ago when everyone was gettin free* money.

“Should have…” — Monday morning.
The Fool that gave it away should have lined up a few more Shill bidders. He could have got more for it on the defunct Graigs List.:shrug:

Back