clutch issues

dragginit93

Busted Knuckle Customs
Reaction score
K I got the bike pretty much all buttoned up but I have one problem......the freakin clutch. Gota 1 piece push rod and I have both ball bearings and when I engauge the clutch when the bikes in gear the clutch don't ingauge I've tried adjusting it to and still nothing.keep in mind I did a rebiuld and bore on the motor cuz it sat outside for a while but I didn't touch the clutch...any idears how to check to see what's wrong

First you need to get your terminology right, when you pull the clutch lever you disengage the clutch, with the clutch lever released, the clutch is engaged.

If you haven't touched the clutch, it could be frozen up. Put the bike in 3rd gear, pull the clutch lever & roll the bike back a little (this will turn the motor over a bit) & then push forward, again turning the motor over a little. You might need to repeat 3 or 4 times, till you feel the clutch disengage. I hope this should cure you woes. :cheers:

- also, did you check and clean the cable...what about the worm gear, checked the housing for cracks, cleaned, lubricated

Back