Clutch problems

Vonturd

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I replaced my clutch, replaced my shift shaft assembly, and adjusted my clutch cable, and got everything working just fine. The clutch was engaging and the friction plates were separating properly. Well the next day I went to fire it up and it started and was running great. Went to put it in gear and there was nothing happening. I could shift up and down 20 times and there was nothing.
Where should I start to figure out this new problem?

Maybe one of the little springs associated with the shift shaft has broken. That's the first place I'd be looking .....

ShiftSprings.jpg

ShiftSprings2.jpg

I got my bike three years ago. (Free) it had been In a wreck. Same problem broken spring. Replaced it with a spring from Mike's work for three days. Then broke again. Got several springs form hardware store for best fit. Problem solved. Should be able to find the end of the spring in the bottom of the case.

Shifts shaft then shift drum. Idk. Side covers off and go thru the gears checking to see every thing is working. After that split the case. Do you have a service manual. You your thread up top someone will help.

Back