Clutch pushrod time to replace bearing?

Scgoobertn

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off let me say the motor is from an 81 i believe (year slips my mind)The bike was a non-runner when picked up, but i believe that to be from electrical (could be wrong of course). The electrical was a nightmare of PO rigging. Anyways just looking things over and trying to get a list together of stuff to order all at one time vs one thing at a time. Been reading up on the clutch pushrod bearings and wanted other peoples opinions. Mine doesnt seem as bad as some videos i have seen but there is some slop. Also i cleaned a lot of oil/grease/grime from this area (still a lot more to clean), but that could be from other leaks. Again the bike was/is a non runner. I am just trying to order enough stuff to get it running before i start deciding what direction i want to go.
Click Picture for video
th_20130319_0954281.jpg

Thank you for your time and info!
Goober

Btw bike odo reads 11,636 miles, if you have any comments about other items i should go ahead and buy (maint wise) let me know :D thanks! Already picked up a PMA and pamco.

The two piece pushrod assembly wiggles much more, even in a good bushing, than the older one piece rod. I would advise switching to the long one piece rod with a new seal and try that. If it still leaks, replace the bushing.

Back