Clutch slip on 840 engine, maybe wrong oil??

Good advice from all you guys, saved me a clutch cover gasket and time cleaning the plates off coz I would have if required, the clutch cover isn't leaking currently so even better not to disturb....

Cool, you should come to the bulldog bash that is next month, look out for a scruffy xs chop being nailed up the drag strip.... Would def buy you a pint mate :)

Anyone seen any of my old 840 motors with LJW 1 stamped on the rocker covers?
Just wondered if theyre still around :wink2:

BTW, I only ever used Duckhams Q 20/50 in mine and never had slipping clutches

Not me mate, mine came from an arsehole called Paul Evans of Pro Bike Center Wolverhampton, he stamped PBC into the cases, I had great pleasure polishing that out when I had to strip it and re build because Paul had done such a shoddy job, barrels were not honed properly, the rocker cover and cylinder head were not a matched pair, clutch was awful, a right shark, and he lied to me and took my old engine as part ex..... Another lesson learnt, will never buy a motor off of anyone again will do it myself!!!!!!! He lied to me told me oversize pistons were available and they are not!!! XS1961 do you know of any oversize SP370 pistons?? so far IK have found one set of 1st over rings , mine really needs a re bore now, did a big end and the right hand side is a bit scuffed, put new standard rings in and its not too bad at the mo, was thinking now Hieden are doing the 750 barrels with no liners for 300 euro I might get them as mine are standard barrels and they leak a bit where the liners poke out the cam chain tunnel, I was going to start out with SP370 as the 880 kit must be border line and I figure if I start out at 85mm I got a couple of re bores before I get to SR500 pistons at 87mm lol... been looking at the crank mod that cuts an oil way in the big end on the 533 rods as they are closed, the 447 and 256 rods have a slit cut in them for oiling, I noticed the big end pin is bigger on the 533 crank too, A random question, would the 256 or 447 crank then make a donor for a stroked crank?? Was thinking the smaller pins could be machined offset to the 533 size thus giving the extra throw???? Also tempted to do a re-phase, like 270 looks best but most work but 277 looks like a good compromise and would be much easier...

Back