clutch wont engage

dqnjuan

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys Im another 650rider cross over more a lurker then a poster. Any way my builds getting near completion its running just need to adjust the brakes so I thought. My clutch will not engage I have made no internal changes and it worked fine before. The only thing I noticed is during putting the engine back in this pushrod fell out so I put it back in.
clutch.jpg

(not my actual engine just a good view on the rod)

Im getting plenty of pull on the cable but clutch isnt engaging like I said worked before only pulled alt cover and put it back on, any ideas???

Yep. You've lost a ball bearing. You should have a ball bearing in the twisty device on the cover, and if you pull that short bar out, there should be one in there between the short bar and the next bar that actually touches your clutch.

If you didn't pull the bar out, it's probably the one in the twisty thing.

Thanks for the quick responses guys! No missing bearings and I drove it up the block a couple times almost killing myself Jockey shift and slamming in gear not so fun haha. Still not working so guess Im going in. Might grab a clutch bar handle to adjust til this is corrected.

the push rod is in several pieces with a couple of bearings I expect you've lost a bearing from the middle of this rod.

Back