Coil Help

Capt_Zoom

Raider Rider/xs newbie
Reaction score
OK. So I think my pamco and coil got fried. I'm going to get a new pamco, e-advance. However, I don't know what coils whill fit under a wassel deep tunnel tank.

Currently I have the basic pamco. I think this is the same as the MikesXS [ignition coil 4.5ohm single contact point type or boyer ]

14-0901.jpg

I also know that the Kung Fu ones from 650 central will fit. I have a couple of these but don't know if they will work with a Pamco.
ujkfcoil.jpg

Are there any others that will fit and work with the Pamco?
-Green one from MikesXS
17-6810.jpg

MikesXS ultimate high output
17-6903.jpg

Thanks for any advice guys.

a dual output coil, such as www.mikesxs.com part #17-6903 or equivalent with a 2.5 to 4.5 Ohm primary resistance

So any dual output coil as long as the primary falls between 2.5 and 4.5 ohms, done. The Accel coils fit under a stock tank.

Question, with that boyer type, if its rated at 2.5-4.5 ohms and your reading 5.5 on the primary you're fried right? I'm getting 18k on the plug leads for just a second before it changes to 1.

I also have two of those kung fu one's 2.5 ohm but they both read 3.7ohms on the primary and 11-12k on the secondary without the plug wires attached.

Your two kung fu coils at 3.7 ohms should work ok.
On the Boyer type that read high did you also check from the primary to secondary sides as well as the place they mount. There may be shorting from primary to secondary and to ground.
You should check all coils for these possible problems too.
Leo

Back