Coil wiring, missing conector, Help!

drkuhn

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I putting my 77 xs650D back together and I think I might of lost a connector.:doh:

Attached is a pick of where I am at. Does anyone have a pick of what I should be looking for? I've searched my shop and have come up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 0906112042.jpg
    0906112042.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 148
Hard to tell from the picture but looking at the wiring diagram and from what I recall from mine before I went with a PAMCO the orange and the grey wires go to the condenser (is it there?) possibly? One orange wire splits and goes to the condenser and one set of points. One grey goes to the condenser and the OTHER set of points. Do you have a wiring diagram? Scroll down to post #7 on this page and there is a D diagram. Hope this helps.
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61

Hard to tell from the picture but looking at the wiring diagram and from what I recall from mine before I went with a PAMCO the orange and the grey wires go to the condenser (is it there?) possibly? One orange wire splits and goes to the condenser and one set of points. One grey goes to the condenser and the OTHER set of points. Do you have a wiring diagram? Scroll down to post #7 on this page and there is a D diagram. Hope this helps.
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61

Yea, I down loaded the diagram and I have the batt (red/white) wires ran correctly and then I have the orange jumper that connects one have of the coil curcuit, but then it looks like I am missing a connector for the other half of the coil curcuit. It looks like I a missing a conector that should have three inputs, 2 male one female.

You're missing the gray wire with a double female on one end, single male on the other. It's just like that orange one you have but gray. It ties the points and condenser to the coil.

CondenserHook-up2.jpg

Your pics still suck by the way, lol.

You're missing the gray wire with a double female on one end, single male on the other. It's just like that orange one you have but gray. It ties the points and condenser to the coil.

CondenserHook-up2.jpg

Your pics still suck by the way, lol.

Thanks, I figured that it must be something like that. Now to try and figure out where it ran off too. Spent two hours last night searching the shop. Really pissed me off. :banghead:

Found the sucker last night. Grey wire on Grey floor. Was hidding very close to the chair I had hung the harness over when I was stripping the frame.

Back