Compatible Aftermarket Speedometers??

lopejd01

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know any specific compatible speedometers besides the one at mikes and OEM speedos? Need a speedo baddddddd. Don't really want to run a OEM, I want a newer looking one, but the only one I know of is the one at mikes for 100 bucks. Don't really have the change for that. Like to get a full size one.

Anyone know any specific ones that work that your running? and maybe a link to wear I can pick it up?:confused:

I have heard of guys using acewell tach/speedo combo, not sure of the model but it does looks sharp when done correct. I myself have never had experience with one so...

I am not absolutly positive, but I do believe these are of 2 to 1 ratio, so any one of those would be ok.

Yup I'm running a $10 bicycle speedometer from walmart. I bought a tiny magnet at radio shack and put it on the thin edge of the brake rotor. It's strong enough to stick even without glue. I know it's good to about 90mph, good enough for me. No backlight though.

I ride mountain bikes so I've got a bunch of bike speedometers laying around. Could use one for now I guess but I'm really wanting it for the look too.

Ya I've heard that the xs's have a 2:1 ratio, I was also told by a Harley guy that the old harley's are 2:1 too and that the aftermarket speedos for them should work for the xs's. A bunch of companies make them so I might get one and try it out.

Back