Competition and Full picture of ladieees

Thanks for the help so far guys.

The new carbs look great. British government stepped in with import tax, VAT (value added tax) and finally handling charge by Parcelforce. Had to pay £52 to release them.:mad:

Any way air jets removed. Needle is a 6FG and the circlip is on the second notch up from the jet end. Main jet is 180 and the pilot 52.

Has two Winrong power air filters and Tour Max carb holder kit.
Any advice on the position of the two adjustment screws.

Was about to ask if the whole engine had to be stripped down to repair the broken, so thanks.

Last edited:
- just watch for the hidden bolt behind the clutch pack, also the one by the drive sprocket

The new carbs look great. British government stepped in with import tax, VAT (value added tax) and finally handling charge by Parcelforce. Had to pay £52 to release them.:mad:

Ben
Could ya let me know what % that is on your total? Been thinking about getting some bits from the states but always wondered what all the extra charges on this side of the pond would be

Cheers Kev

I always used to ask for the registered value to be put on lower than the price I actually paid, to try not to pay the import tax.

Last edited:
Ben
Could ya let me know what % that is on your total? Been thinking about getting some bits from the states but always wondered what all the extra charges on this side of the pond would be

Cheers Kev

Hi KevC, Carbs $279, Postage $47 = $326 = £199.
Import duty £9.05, VAT £35.28, Parcelforce clearance fee £8. Total £52.33.
Equates to a rounded off figure of 26% - good in it.
Total for the carbs,filters,inlets and accelerator cable two into one, is £251.33still cheaper than over here.
So a rounded off figure of 25% can therefore be added to anything you are thinking of buying going off those figures.
Ben

Any way air jets removed. Needle is a 6FG and the circlip is on the second notch up from the jet end. Main jet is 180 and the pilot 52.

52 pilot! I hope you mean 25! I'll have to try to find where I wrote down exactly what I have in my mine for jetting.

- i dont recognise the needle designation...6F, ok-but a 6FG?
- i know 6F-4,5,8,9,13,15,16,21,22...6FJ-6,40,41...6FL-14,25...6FM46

Thanks for reminding me Travis. I've had another look and the figure looks better the other way round as 25. There is a little symbol stamped in then the 25. I must admit though it does'nt look too bad the other way round as 52. You are right though it is 25.
A few bits have arrived now, new front forks, seals for them and the master cylinder and caliper. Just put new bronze swinging arm bushes in.
When things start coming together I'll let the site know.

Ben:thumbsup:

- if you havent already started pulling it down, you should be able to turn the motor over and remove the bottom case-gives you access to the gearbox...dont forget about the hidden screws - 1 on the rhs behind the clutch holding the back of the crank bearing seat and the 2 on the lhs behind the front sprocket holding the drive shaft bearing seat...there are 18 bolts all together...start with the bolt behind the oil filler and loosen half turn

- when putting her back together dont use silicone use three-bond and replace the seals
Hi Inxs, Replacement gear now fitted along with all oil seals, but I have a confession to make. When I removed the lower casing I did so half a turn at a time on each nut/bolt , but not in the correct order. Some nuts/bolts are numbered and thats it and I'm not sure whether someone at some time posted the sequence the bolts/nut should be loosened and tightened, but I can't find it. Are you able to help with a plan showing numbered nuts and bolts. Thanks Ben

- sure, but i have no scanner...pm me an email adress and i will send an attachment

- see if this works

005_063.jpg

- assembly...start at #1...half turn each time round

- dismantling...start at #18...half turn each time round

Back