For Sale - Complete set of engine cases

Spockwerks

NAMAZU Pez de Terremoto
Reaction score
IMAG0143_BURST002.jpg
1438602686039.jpg
DSC00057.JPG
No guts, full set of cases from same bike. Crankcases, clutch case, starter motor case, alternator case, alternator cover, oil pump&clutch cover, oil filter covers (both) cylinders, cam chain tension case, cylinder head and rocker box with matching numbers (these 2 bits are machined as a unit and cannot be mixed and matched), rocker adjuster covers, motor mounts, oil pump in pristine condition.
Some other tidbits, all in good condition, light corrosion on aluminum can be polished off.
Lotsa pics if anyone is interested, & lots of xtras.

Hey man there is a guy on here ONE EYED WILLY looking for a clean set of covers CLUTCH and SPROCKET. I have clutch covers but not a matched set. You may want to get in contact with him and show him what you got.

For a set of cases or covers.????? Cases sell as low as $50.00 for a matched set . I just threw out three sets . Side cover go for $40 to $100 Just depends how clean they are.

Daddyg,
I have no idea what they are worth. Some parts are kinda grungy others quite nice actually. The important part to me is that they are all the same engine. All the holes machined for the cam, rockers, crankshaft, gearbox shafts, starters, shifter and any I forgot are on center. There are horror stories about rebuilt rocker boxes that, after all the work is done will not fit on the heads because the camshaft holes don't line up. Well, these line up.
I am beginning to have second thoughts about the clutch cover because the oil pump is an integral part of the casting and unles someone comes with a way to recondition them, this one is so nice I may just use it myself.
I get the idea you are more interested in the outside condition, and I am more interested in the inside condition. My feeling is that if the inside is good you can always paint it or something.

I am not knocking your price but I would do some research on EBAY and see what these parts are going for. I just bought both left and right cover for $80.00 and both clean and pump working that I could just put them on a bike and use them. Motors together are worth more if all in good shape. Cases are a hard sell unless you get someone to pickup at your location. Shipping can be as much as $60.00 or more . I would just do a little more research or try to fine someone who needs those parts. A complete bike in south jersey with titled frame and complete motor just sold for $400.00 so there are deals out there. Good luck on your sale

I think I have all that. Do you need anything else like the pump gear or tach drive? I have a brand new electronic tach that weighs almost nothing. Did you say you needed an alternator cover? The big one or little round one?
I am giving you a thumbs up cause how can you not like a biker named One Eyed Willy. Just give me a few days get some pix up.

Tach drive isn't needed. If I ever put the bike back together I want an electronic unit. Im after the alternator large side cover. Can live without the small cover that reads yamaha on it but won't complain if I get another one. I want the clutch side cover without the sight glass in it and I can definitely use a better looking oil filter cover. I won't turn down a good pump either. I will eyeball the pics when they showup. Thanks sprockwerks

Got your stuff together and cleaned up real nice. It is up to you if you want to go all the way to polishing. My preference has always been #400 wet/dry sandpaper with a drop of detergent in the water. Buff it down with #800 wet/dry, then cook ~400*f. for 1/2~1 hour to sweat the motor oil out. Wipe it down with acetone, lacquer thinner or similar. Aluminum is semipermeable to motor oil, so after a few years it is like that kitchen sponge you used til the bitter end. No paint will stick to it. But cook the oil off and my old cases look brand new after 20 years. Research the paint, use something specific to motorcycle engine cases, they have colors, black and clear. Thermal insulation is no problem. New from the factory cases are all painted to deter corrosion, a little more meat addresses the very slight heat retention of a thin layer of paint. Only paint the outside surfaces, stay clear of gasket, sealent surfaces. Loose chips of paint can clog an oil gallery. Last week I found a piece of oil filter mesh shoved into the main artery between the sump filter and the pump. Surgery revealed no damage. Don't worry, that was not your part.:laugh: Tach measures 2.5" dia x 2" deep.OK Pictures.ALTERNATOR COVER INSIDE.jpg ALTERNATOR COVER.jpg CLUTCH AND OIL PUMP COVERS OUTSIDE.JPG
CLUTCH COVER WITH FILTER COVER.JPG ALTERNATOR COVER INSIDE.jpg ALTERNATOR COVER.jpg CLUTCH AND OIL PUMP COVERS OUTSIDE.JPG CLUTCH COVER WITH FILTER COVER.JPG
Shipping to Alberta is......~$52USD ouch! I think we can still make this work. So tell me, if you don't mind my asking, how'd you get the name "One Eyed Willy?" That is probably the most evocative biker name I have EVER heard.

Attachments

• FILTER COVER INSIDE.JPG
    FILTER COVER INSIDE.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC00165.JPG
    DSC00165.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00162.JPG
    DSC00162.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 123
I stuck a fishtape in my eye. If you ever want a reason to wear safety glasses I will post some pics of it with some stitches keeping things closed. Now it doesn't work like it used to, essentially I'm one eyed. I have them both but one of these things......

My mom helped me get the name one eyed willy, along with a few past work mates, some guys I used to work with don't know my real name isn't willy. So it stuck.

What are you looking to get for the clutch cover, filter cover, oil pump and alternator side cover? Big and small. I will pass on the tach. I'm so far from needing one I can't bother looking that far into the future.

I will pm you an address so we can get a firm shipping cost. Thanks for getting back

Hey Willy,

Sorry about my absence, my computer got an anti virus that decided EVERYTHING was a virus and wiped out volumes of my own work. Got that fixed, but I think the data may be gone for good. Then I got a virus that was even worse, you know the one that starts at your head then works it's way down? Well, Hell, I got over it and the bloody computer can do the same!
OK, price. They want~ $50.00USD to ship it. You are getting a pair of really nice case covers and an oil filter cover that has been with them for 30some years. No scratches, you can see how the clear lacquer has weathered over time. The oil pump looks brand new, no grit or debris. You will need a kick start shaft seal.
What do you say to $50.00 for the parts + $50.00 for the shipping = $100.00 total?
Canadian Dollars or USD are fine with me.

Back