connecting tube to the boots to stop the turbulence created?

wymondham1979

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys after reading numerous posts concerning tuning problems associated with pods K&Ns etc would it be a good Idea to return to the stock XS 650 air box system?

If it is, are they interchangeable I have a 79 but would earlier or later versions fit? Several posts have suggested the Uni foam filters but they are not available in the uk but I saw an ad on ebay for RAMAIR Yamaha XS650 76-1981 - Race Pod Air Filter 52mm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAMAIR-Ya...95?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5ae70043cf

Has anyone tried the ramair ?

K&N Part RC-0982 filters seem to be fitted to lots of xs650 bikes but several posts have been less than enthusiastic about them?

Question would it be possible to put a connecting tube between the pod/K&N filter to lengthen the distance to the boots to stop the turbulence created?

An old friend is staying with us and brought some pictures he had taken from 30 years ago my first Yamaha Ahhhhhhhhhhhh oh to be young and fearless
I had a DT 175 DT250 and my favourite a brilliant DT 400 fell of the next weekend and broke a collarbone LOL I blame evil kneneval LOL he was my absolute hero I remember watching him with bated breath and not riding a state of the art motocross covered in body armour but a cape and a Harley !!!!!! Those were the days

Many thanks for all the help

Attachments

• me jumping on my motorcross bike 001 - Copy (640x474).jpg
    me jumping on my motorcross bike 001 - Copy (640x474).jpg
    199 KB · Views: 40
those filters look the same as the uni's, but.....I dont see if it says they are supported inside by wires.
if you cant find uni's overthere, get the ramair. 50/50 gas and motoroil to catch dust, dirt.

Back