conver your kicker to harley pedal style

You may want to add, Fred, that to do your mod requires a 1 piece bicycle crank and not a 3 piece crank with aluminum crank arms. It may not be obvious to all.

Hi solo,
I did specify a bicycle off the dump, eh?
You'd need to visit a posher dump than mine if you wanted to find an aluminum-crank bicycle there.
OTOH, my old friend Howie Gilmour used to say that with an argon atmosphere glove box, the right filler rod and a TIG welder he could join any metallic thing to any other provided all the components had a lower melting point than tungsten.

Sure the rubber slips off a bit, but it can be put back!
I did the popsicle kick pedal mod many years ago, and the slipping of the rubber got worse and worse until I finally had to do something about it. Took whole kick lever off bike, and simply poured 2-part 24 hour cure resin into the gap where the rubber pedal meets the steel shank. Sort of filled it up to the brim almost. Took a lot of resin. Few hours later, I realized hey wait, the rubber needs to pivot. The resin was by now pretty solid, but still very slightly workable, sort of like cheddar cheese, and with a little effort I was able to get the rubber to rotate on the shank. After the resin completely cured, the rubber rotated, but not freely. I ran a little lubricating oil down the steel and into the rubber pedal, and worked the pedal by rotating it. It rotated well enough to be usable. Within a couple weeks it had seated itself in to where it rotated effortlessly. That was a year ago. Pedal is still PERFECT, rotates freely, and the rubber doesn't slide AT ALL on the steel shank. Long explanation, but this is the answer to the rubber sliding off problem with the popsicle pedal mod.

Back