just starting....

Mr_panache

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow XS enthusiast…

I have a stock 1980s XS 650 and I want to convert it to look like the following picture I have attached…

I have a couple of questions:
  • How do I lower the rear end? Is it just shorter shocks?
  • How do I get this bend in the frame for the seat? Do I have to bend the frame? My seat area is straight.
I’m pretty sure the picture I attached is also a stock XS 650 frame… any assistance/ advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• after_.png
    after_.png
    361.5 KB · Views: 75
Good luck with your project. You will need a vision, which I think you already have, plus time, money and expertise. The more expertise you have, the less money, or vice versa. Remember to keep focus on riding the finished bike and also remember to enjoy the journey to get there!

Good luck with your project. You will need a vision, which I think you already have, plus time, money and expertise. The more expertise you have, the less money, or vice versa. Remember to keep focus on riding the finished bike and also remember to enjoy the journey to get there!
Thanks for the kind words and motivation much appreciated…

I am in the midst of doing the same to my "72". I think the Visual Impact kit looks most like your pic. I do believe that by the time you lower the seat 1-1/2" - 2" and roll the shock forward, you will also need to go with a shorter shock. I am thinking I'll need one that is 267mm on center of the holes. Can anyone out there confirm the shorter shock lengths being used?

Back