Couple O Carb questions.....

uebe

XS Goober
Reaction score
I got some jets from Mr. Morris for my '83 B34's. (along with the M & M's).

Enclosed was also a #38 drill for enlarging the slide vent hole. Did some searching here, including the Milton mod, but haven't seen much by way of explanation. Any opinions, or data on this mod?

Also, need to replace boogered up screws that keep the Needle in place. I'll get stainless, but I'm wondering if others have used standard plated screws inside the carb and if they eventually rust.

I've heard of the mod but never tried it. It's supposed to make the slide respond and rise faster. If you look at the bottom of your slide, you'll see a small bypass hole off to the side of the needle. That's what you enlarge with the drill bit.

Most carbs that I know of come with plain plated screws inside and they don't rust so I don't see the need for stainless. I think you need them more on the outside because those do rust up eventually. Most of the fasteners used both in and on carbs are quite small. They need to be tight, obviously, but not super tight, just a bit past snug basically. I run them in, then back out slightly, in, etc., getting a feel for just how tight I'm making them. This lets me find that "sweet spot" of a bit past snug but not too tight.

Back