Couple questions. Help please Della's

pristc, The cruise control screw have you backed it all the way out?
From the Pingle site.
Magura Model 307
Throttle for single cable, straight pull linkage, easy cable attachment with trap door cover, polished alloy housing, adjusting screw for twist regulation, rubber cable protection cover, black grip included.

Yeah man, there is a provision for it but no screw. I can see thought it :-(
Farken!

Posted via Mobile

This is the ferrule issue
3-B89E-46BB-BA7A-FEC516A49632-708-00000055D627A165.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Ok, replaced a few parts today.
First I did the leaky clutch pushrod seal and the worm gear. Used mikesxs parts and its soooooo much easier to pull now!
Old one was bent and just not working right. Awesome.
Next I replaced the diaphrams in carbs. Before they arrived this morning I tried balancing with the home made manometer. Oh man! Left one just sucked everything through almost instantly. Balanced them and it feels much better. Will rebalance now that I have put the diaphrams in.
Throttle is still the same, havnt spent more time on that yet as I'm waiting for mikesxs for a bit of info.

Anyway, she is getting there!!!!!

Cheers and thanks for all the help!!!

Peter

Posted via Mobile

Not having any luck with MikesXS, getting pretty frustrated with them now.

I wrote (several emails due to no reply) the following;

"The magura clutch perch.
The clutch cable (which I also ordered as part of the order) will NOT fit into to the clutch adjustment screw on the perch.
I checked my old cable and it won't fit either. The cables both (old and new) fit into the old perch adjustment screw perfectly. I can't use the stock adjustment screw in the magura perch as the screw is a bigger diameter and pitch. So have no other options. I did try and avoid hassling you guys but can't make it work.

My question is.
Is it the wrong clutch cable?
Is there something wrong with the perch adjustment screw?
Is there some type of adapter missing?

Think of it this way, grab a stock clutch cable, try to slide the end into a magura clutch perch adjustment screw. Just wont fit. :-(
Any help on these would be greatly appreciated!"

"Reply: Problem with order.
The Magura levers are not intended to replace the original lever and bracket, you may need to use a Yamaha adjuster."

:wtf:

Since I'm overseas. Everytime I get an answer that needs a return email I lose an entire day.
Amazing. I wrote the stock adjuster doesn't fit in the magura perch as the thread is the wrong size in my email!!!

So, does anyone know what the magura clutch adjustment bolt size/thread is. Ill go source a new one. Prefer to change that than have to wreck the cable to put on a smaller ferrule.

Cheers,
Peter

Posted via Mobile

Hey, Pristic,
Do you have a caliper or micrometer to measure the precise OD of the magura adjuster thread?
Or a bolt/nut of known size that will screw into the magura locknut or shaft?
Knowing the Magura adjuster thread diam/pitch will help us to possibly cross-reference something.
Might as well measure the OD of the ferrule too, if you can...

My verniers are dead (dropped them...) so no not right now.
Ill take of the adjuster and swing past the auto store or hardware where they have the thread/bolt gizmo on the wall... and try which one fits.
Ferrule is the stock MikesXS clutch cable... bought new a few weeks ago... its the exact same size as the stock clutch cable ferrule (I compared them)

Ill tinker with it and see what I can come up with... but its a pain when you buy two things on one order, and they dont match. I dont expect MikesXS to know all in's and out's but surely they could have said "oh he just bought left and right levers and mounts, plus cables.. he is probably putting them together - and said "Hi, your parts wont fit, you should get this other cable, etc.

Cheers,
Pete

Pete, this is what you need.
This is a standard adjuster used on many Hondas.

Hey mate,

Thanks, just to clarify. You mean I need a chart like that showing the size OR you saying I need your measurements? I presume I need my own as yours is stock xs650 clutch etc.

argh, confused myself.
Yours does actually help though! It gives me the M8 x 1.25 thread (ill go grab one today to double check.
The issue is the Magura looks like its around 7mm not 8mm...

Ill grab a few bolts to test it on my way home

http://www.magura.com/index.php?eID...hash=f58e80d5b95edf80821e781856c551d54868e14b

Go here and have a look. You want the type "B". I think you are SOL best I could see they don't have an M8 on the D2 measurement. But I don't understand everything I see.
The best you will get out of Mikes is a refund if you ship it back on your dime.
Personally I think they are selling bicycle perchs. You might check the cable on a bicycle in the neighborhood. I'm betting a doughnut to a cup of coffee you will find the bicycle cable matches your ferrule just fine. Not that it helps you.

Thanks Weekendrider but I think you might have misunderstood.
First, love the magura. Not sending it back. Just want to make it fit.
Then, the cable I have DOES fit in the STOCK XS650 adjuster nicely. It's the magura adjuster that's too small.
I can't drill it out as its simply too small.

The way I see it, I can get a new adjuster for it that fits the magura thread and can accept the ferrule nicely OR I replace the ferrule for a small diameter one.

I prefer to just change the adjuster instead of arsing around with ferrules. To do that I would have to cut the cable, change ferrule then make a new end. Blurgh. I would prefer to avoud that.
I "could" use a die on the stock XS650 adjuster and try to make it suit the magura perch. That's still an option.

And yes, looks like I have the first one. I need the second one. It's M7 thread but has 8.2mm bore to fit the ferrule. Right now I must have the first one.

The part number I NEED in the catalog is 0315230
I am guessing I have the 0315180 currently.

Thanks,
Peter.

Ps: according to the measurements in the catalog I "should" be able to drill it to take the ferrule. It's 11mm according to Magura. Hmmm. Will have to do some measuring and testing this evening when the wife isn't looking :)

Posted via Mobile

Pete, do you have a machine shop (or machinist friend) there?
They might be able to:
1 - make an adjuster to match 0315230
2 - turn down the 8mm thread on the stocker (a die will twist it, tried that)
3 - open the perch to std 8mm
4 - open your magura 0315180 to 8.2mm

Pete, do you have a machine shop (or machinist friend) there?
They might be able to:
1 - make an adjuster to match 0315230
2 - turn down the 8mm thread on the stocker (a die will twist it, tried that)
3 - open the perch to std 8mm
4 - open your magura 0315180 to 8.2mm

Yeah got a mate not far with a full machine shop, he can make anything (like my exhausts and a new rear fender, etc when I get to it.
Problem is I need to find time to be there when he is... just cant seem to line it all up.

Im going to have a crack at number 4 on your list... open the magura adjuster to 8.2mm to let the stock ferrule fit. 2 reasons for that.
1. I have the stuff here already.
2. If I ever need to replace the clutch cable, it'll fit just fine :)

Will try it asap... and report back with my findings :)

Cheers!
Peter

Back