For Sale - craigslist - 1978 Yamaha V-twin 650 - $875 (Troy, ID)

That's a nice looking "V-twin." Is that a Harley too? (I know this isn't your post). I just thought it was kind of funny...

Free ads AND truth-in-advertising? These ads come from Craigslist, what can I say?:confused:

Funny story... My daughter just received a check via FedEx for $2350 for a wedding dress she'd advertised on CL for $300. She & the person who wanted to buy the dress had emailed back and forth several times before the person sent this check. The sender then requested that my daughter mail a money order for the $2000 overage to a "handler" for the woman making the purchase because the woman was out of the country and needed her handler to take care of her business while she was gone. My daughter would keep $350...the extra $50 for her troubles. FedEx is involved in this, as are two other companies (the company on the FedEx label, and the company named on the check - both real, but innocent companies). We're still trying to decide if we're gonna call the FBI or not.

A few years ago I would to entertain all those offers and have the checks mailed to my office, just to wallpaper my office with the checks. Wish I had a pic. They're gone now.

Free ads AND truth-in-advertising? These ads come from Craigslist, what can I say?:confused:

Funny story... My daughter just received a check via FedEx for $2350 for a wedding dress she'd advertised on CL for $300. She & the person who wanted to buy the dress had emailed back and forth several times before the person sent this check. The sender then requested that my daughter mail a money order for the $2000 overage to a "handler" for the woman making the purchase because the woman was out of the country and needed her handler to take care of her business while she was gone. My daughter would keep $350...the extra $50 for her troubles. FedEx is involved in this, as are two other companies (the company on the FedEx label, and the company named on the check - both real, but innocent companies). We're still trying to decide if we're gonna call the FBI or not.

That is an OLD scam like everyone said. Deposit the check and wait. It will never clear. Be sure to let the Bank Pres. know and then he will contact the authorities.

Let me guess they were Nigerian.

Back