Custom axles

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
Bought a bunch of axles and had to cut a couple for builds and just want to see what you guys do. I am thinking about making some up and selling them. Bought a axle on line and it was 11.5" long 1" thread on both end and was advertised as 3/4 BUT only the threads were 3/4 anyway it was so nice of a axle that i took it to my local machine shoip to have them take it down so it fits the wheel and plate and to my suprise the guy says i can make them for you. So whats a price you guys would pay for a nice axle for your builds. Most of the stock axles i see are so buggered up on the treads that i throw them away for not being safe. So i was thinking of makeing up 3/4 11.5 20 mm 11.5 and 1" 11.5. Most 3/4 axles are $40.00 or more and have to be cut down. So i was kicking around in the $30.00 range foe a nice axle with two nuts.
Just need some thoughts from you guys.

I totally agree on whats out there for sale overpriced claped out axles. I just so happen to need two front and rear for my hardtail build Im in for sure!!!:bike:

you guys might want to search the name daddy g....

I couldnt refrain so I guess im a bust out

Well I guess that idea is no good anymore! haha. Thanks for the info Ironsled, that is why I suggested a feedback system for the forum.

Well, can anybody make bigger axels?!

Back